PlayHard GiveBack is a consumer brand that uses innovative Trail Mix to engage with its customers and ambassadors, while supporting social causes. PHGB is looking for an enthusiastic, hungry and talented Sales Manager to help grow our retail grocery channel. At a high level, this role will be responsible for both opening new store accounts as well as managing and improving sales performance at exciting store accounts.
This role will report directly to the founders of PlayHard GiveBack, and will be tasked with aggressively growing our retail presence. This role will work closely with our distribution and merchandising partners to collaborate towards this shared goal.
This role will work primarily from the field as required to call on store accounts, but will be expected to work part time from our Sun Valley, Idaho office.
This is a big job, and great opportunity for someone with a couples year's of relevant experience and looking for the next challenge.
- Open new store accounts in accordance with sales & growth strategy as outlined by PHGB founders for 2017
- Develop strong relationships with store buyers, as well as merchandising and distribution partners
- Regularly check on new and existing store accounts to manage relationship, in-store placement, promotional schedule, in store marketing support, inventory management
- Regularly gather and analyze distributor and vendor reports to track sales performance
- Work with retail partners as well as Marketing team to schedule, coordinate and execute in-store demos; will be expected to occasionally execute demos themselves
- Passionately educate buyers, store personnel, partners, and customers about the brand and product(s)
- Live and breathe the PlayHard GiveBack brand at all times, represent the brand as an ambassador in every interaction, conduct business in a manner in line with our company values
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years experience in the snack food or beverage retail sales in resort markets preferably in the Natural/Specialty channel (nutrition bar or healthy snack market preferred)
- Proven track record of success opening new store accounts and driving sales growth in new and existing accounts
- Willingness to travel regionally (resorts in the Western U.S.); must have valid Driver's License and a reliable vehicle
- Must have weekend availability and willing to work flexible hours
- Incredibly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Must have competitive drive, and motivated to beat sales targets
- Must love: the start-up environment, hard work, snacking, giving back, playing hard, and having fun
Overall compensation package has potential to exceed $50,000 a year with sales commission and base salary
- Monthly base salary dependent on experience
- Commission on sales
- Quarterly bonus on company overall sales targets
- Employee equity plan
Email your resume and cover letter to: